Across the UK, communities are taking the lead to bring forward services that their locality want and need from village shops to swimming baths. And in the current Coronavirus crisis, locally owned and operated services have been a lifeline for many.
In this webinar, we invited a panel of experts to explore some of the options for funding and investment for those running or considering starting a community business as well as what support is available. You can also learn how Social Investment Tax Relief can play a role in helping maximise investment.
Here's an outline with links to where you'll find them in the webinar:
- (2:23) Ged Devlin, Power to Change: context and why community businesses are important.
- (9:40) Chris Buckham, Plunkett Foundation: support communities need and how Plunkett Foundation can help.
- (22:59) Naomi Sampson, Power to Change: support for community businesses & how to find out more. Do also visit Power to Change for the latest news on new funding programmes.
- (30:33) Jason Nuttall, Crowdfunder: raising finance from a crowd & their new Pay It Forward initiative
- (45:55) Melanie Mills, GET SITR: the differences between community shares and loans plus how SITR works and the support available.
- (51:21) The panel take questions
Below you can also download the slides shared and links to other resources mentioned.